Monday, September 1, 2008

The Pali Trail

A couple months ago I hiked the Pali trail, but I forgot to post the photos.


Here's the start of the trail, looking across Papalaua Beach with the island of Lanai in the distance.


Looking down into the water at the reef. It looked a lot better through my polarized sunglasses. Unfortunately, I do not have a polarized lens for my camera :(


Notice the grass and the rocks in the foreground? You'll see more in the next couple photos. People laugh at me when I tell them a lot of Maui looks like Nevada with an ocean, but seriously, don't you think all the brown grass and rock is reminiscent of Nevada?


I live in Kihei, which is on the far side of this bay.

My place is about an inch to the right of the marshland pond/lake you see on the edge of the bay.

No comments: