Last year when Chris came to visit me we went on a boat trip to see the sea caves along the Kanaio coastline of Maui. It was an awesome trip. The Kanaio coast area, past Wailea and Makena, is accessible only by boat. It is the site of Maui's most recent lava flows (about 200-300 years ago). The lava formed amazing arches, grotto's and sea caves. The trip was in a zodiac, which was bumpy at times, but not punishingly so. Our captain was able to drive us into one of the caves for a minute or two at one point, then zip back out before the next big wave came crashing in. Getting good pictures was difficult with all the movement of the boat. I had more than a couple photo's of the sky, the bottom of the boat and random people's head's, but I think I still managed to snap a few good ones :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my, that looks dangerous! I've never even heard of this place. Pretty cool.
Post a Comment