Sunday, November 9, 2008

All Things Centipede

So, some of you have wondered about the horrible centipedes that I tell you about. I was reminded of my intention to post pictures when I encountered one outside tonight. I tried to provide some sense of scale for you with a quarter and a Bic pen (couldn't find a quarter tonight).

Here's a shot of the one that was on the ceiling above my bed one morning when I woke up.



This was the one that was outside my building tonight. The liquid is the poison I poured on him before getting near.



So, how would you like to be bitten/stung by one of these? They are venemous, but unless you're allergic it probably won't kill you. As a side note, neither of these is the largest I have seen. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me, but it was about twice as long as these guys.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Ewww! I can't stop looking at them even though I know it's going to give me nighmares.