Sunday, November 1, 2009

A teaser...

Update on my new place:
I closed on my new place on Thursday. Settlement was supposed to be on Tuesday but it had to be delayed. I am so glad that the whole thing is finally done. It ended up being such a huge hassle trying to get the seller to do the things he agreed to do on the inspection notice. But it's all over and the place is mine now!
.
I've started painting this weekend since I need to have the spare room done before I move all my stuff in. It's fun to pick out colors but it's also really difficult. I tested a couple shades of yellow and decided they were all too dark, so I bought a much lighter shade than I had originally been thinking and it looked good on the first wall. Now that the first coat is on all the walls- it seems very bright. Hopefully once the white trim is done and the furniture is moved in it will seem less like looking directly at the sun on a clear day.
.
Other stuff:
After my last post I realized the event I forgot to mention was my cousins wedding! Sorry Brian and Jen!!! I have some pictures from the wedding to post (like everything else- someday in the future). I drove up to New Jersey for their wedding and had a great time seeing them as well as my Aunt Doris and Uncle Jim (Brian's parents) and my cousin Andrea who I hadn't seen in a long time. But I just have to ask one thing. What is it with the East coast and toll roads? Don't we already pay taxes for the upkeep of the roads??? It seriously cost me almost $30 in tolls round trip (for the non-east coasters, it's a 3 hour drive from here to NJ).
.
Since several people asked when I was going to post photos from Balloon Fiesta, here are a few teasers until I have time to look through all the photos I took. These are in no particular order.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house!!!!
We need an address & PHOTOS!!
(emailed not posted!)
CONGRATS Homeowner!
Jenny Maynard