This is a famous/historic church. Like most famous/historic churches, 10 minutes after I left I could no longer tell you why it is famous. I believe it was the first African American church in Georgetown (or maybe DC), but don't quote me on that.
There was definitely interesting architecture in Georgetown. I took pictures of a couple of interesting buildings, but a lot of them just couldn't be photographed well.
I loved the real gas lamps that were on some of the houses.
Cool church. No idea if it is historically significant.
This is the waterfront area in Georgetown. It was really nice and after the walking tour I stopped there to eat my lunch. It was by far the most enjoyable part of the afternoon.

2 comments:
Looks pretty there. Is it as hot and humid as Hawaii??
More humid because there is not much of a breeze and they have a lot of thunderstorms. It's like the days when the trades are not blowing. But not all the time, some days are just nice- like this weekend, and sometimes it rains/thunderstorms. The day I went to Georgetown it was overcast and sooo humid. It finally started to rain when I was on the train on the way home.
Post a Comment