Monday, May 18, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival

Back at the end of March/early April DC had its annual Cherry Blossom Festival. I thought it sounded really fun and headed down there at the peak viewing time. I had visions of strolling along the path by the water and the Cherry trees and enjoying the sights. Indeed, there was water and there were Cherry trees, my vision just didn't take into account the other 5 million people who would also be there.

I was told there would be a lot of people there, but as I came to find out, my understanding of "a lot of people" was insufficient to accurately describe the situation. The best way I can describe it is if you've seen one of those photos of a beach in China where you can't even see the beach or the water because there are so many people- that's what downtown DC was like. It was nearly impossible to take any pictures with that many people around and honestly, I find it nearly impossible to enjoy anything with that many people around.

Here are a few photos I did manage to capture:

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I think Cherry Blossoms are the prettiest flowers! I like the pictures you took. Yeah, that sea of people you are talking about reminds me of Disneyland on our last day! Yuck!

Brandi said...

I'm not back in the office yet. I am scheduled to go back on Tuesday, but I may have Jury duty so who knows when I will go back :) Call me on my cell when you get time.